Regardless of whether you are a graduate student or experienced scholar, your membership in the GSA comes with many benefits:
- A subscription to the German Studies Review, a scholarly journal published three times each year. Members receive a print subscription and online access to the journal via Project MUSE
- Eligibility to serve on session panels at the GSA Conference
- Two issues per year of the GSA Newsletter with updates on key information for German Studies scholars
- Access to member networks and forums focused on specific disciplines and research interests
Institutional Membership (8/2020: institutional memberships purchased before 12/31/2020 will be valid for the 2021 calendar year)
Institutional members are recognized in the biannual German Studies Association newsletter, which
is distributed to all of our 2,300 members across the globe. We also feature institutional members in
the annual conference program / app, and on the GSA website. Institutional membership also
includes one quarter-page advertisement in the German Studies Review.
Graduate Institutional Membership: (8/2020: institutional memberships purchased before 12/31/2020 will be valid for the 2021 calendar year)
Graduate Institutional Members receive the same benefits as Institutional Members, with increased
advertising space (1/2 page) in the GSR. In addition, this tier includes 6 complimentary 1-year GSA
memberships for graduate students and/or non-tenure track / contingent faculty at your institution.
All membership categories cover the period Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 regardless of when the membership is purchased. Dues payments made between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31 will be credited to membership for the upcoming year. Join today or renew your membership online. Charges on your credit card will appear as JHUP.
Current GSA members can log in here.
For inquiries about membership and associated forms, please contact the JHU Press Customer Service Department or GSA Operations Director Benita Blessing. Please visit our FAQ page to find answers to some common questions.
The GSA offers a number of membership options:
- Income up to $50,000: $40.00
- Income $50,001 – $70,000: $110.00
- Income $70,001 – $90,000: $130.00
- Income $90,001 – $110,000: $155.00
- Income $110,001 – $150,000: $170.00
- Income greater than $150,000: $185.00
- Lifetime Member: $1,000.00
- Institutional Member: $250.00
- Graduate Institutional Member: $500.00