Last update: September 8, 2022
Forty-Sixth Annual Conference, Sept. 15-18 2022, Houston, TX
- For reasons of sustainability, there is no printed program. Please refer to the electronic versions of the schedule below and download our conference app (“GSA Conference 2022”), which is now available in the Apple and GooglePlay (Android) App Stores.
- Live preliminary schedule (reflects the latest changes to the program)
- Downloadable .pdf of program (reflects changes through July 15 only - see errata sheet below for changes after 7/15)
- Live errata sheet (reflects the latest changes to the program)
Hilton Americas - Houston
Houston, TX 77010
- Conference and hotel registration
- You will receive an emailed receipt from Johns Hopkins University Press with the conference hotel registration information. Please check your spam folder if you don't see it.
- Note that after you select the dates and room on the conference hotel registration page, you will have the option on the next page of requesting an accessible room and include other notes for the hotel.
- Ground transportation from airports
- Room/meals/registration costs
- Standard double room: $199 + tax
- Luncheons: $41
- Banquet: $55
- Exhibitor table: $250
- Registration costs (registration rates increased on 8/15/2022):
- Regular, joint, and emeritus members: $170
- Non-members: $240
- Independent scholars (members): $80
- Non-members: $145
- Graduate students (members): $60
- Non-members: $130
- Regular, joint, and emeritus members: $170
- Acceptance letters for panels and roundtables were emailed to the submitters of those sessions (who should inform the members of those sessions of the acceptance) in mid-May. Acceptance letters for individual papers were also emailed to submitters in mid-May.
- We anticipate sending out the preliminary program to presenters in early June.
Publishers and Exhibitor Information:
- Package Shipping Instructions
- Exhibitor registration:
- Proceed to Conference and hotel registration; scroll down to "Exhibitor Conference Items", then check "Exhibition Table" and select the number of tables your organization would like to purchase. You will receive an emailed receipt from Johns Hopkins University Press with the conference hotel registration information; please check your spam folder if you don't see it.
- Please also complete and submit the GSA Exhibitor Form, providing a tentative list of names and email addresses of representatives likely to attend.
Information for Submissions:
- OpenWater *Conference submission website* (use your GSA credentials to log in)
- 2022 Conference Submission schedule:
14 Mar: Seminar participation applications due 28 Mar (11:59pm Eastern Time): All paper, panel, and roundtable proposals due (click *here* for more information)
- General Submission Guidelines
All presenters need to email advance copies of their completed papers to the commentator, and a brief paragraph on their research to the moderator, three weeks in advance of the conference at the latest.
Presenters are expected to limit their presentations to twenty minutes. Should four presenters be scheduled, the time limit is fifteen minutes.
Commentators should speak for no more than ten minutes. Please note that any commentator who does not receive a completed paper by the deadline is under no obligation to offer a response on that paper at the conference.
Moderators are urged to let speakers know when they have only a minute or two left and then to intervene if they exceed their allotted time.
Withdrawals: Should changes in your situation necessitate your withdrawal, even last-minute, please inform Dr. Jennifer L. Jenkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible before, or if necessary, after the conference so that we may keep accurate records. We also ask that you inform your fellow session participants. For more information, please see our Submission Guidelines.
You may cancel your 2022 conference registration by August 15, 2022 for a full refund. For persons who cancel after 15 August, the registration fee will be refunded less a 50% processing charge. No refund requests made after 10 September will be honored. Due to our obligations to the hotel, we cannot refund meal tickets after 15 August. For more information, contact Dr. Jennifer L. Jenkins (email@example.com).
Accommodation requests related to a disability and accessibility should be directed to Dr. Jennifer L. Jenkins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For attendees from outside the US: While the GSA can not advise on visa matters, international conference attendees may find the following US State Department resources helpful: