Forty-Fifth Annual Conference, Sept. 30-Oct. 3, 2021, Indianapolis, IN
The Call for Applications for Seminar Proposals is open (link below).
Please check back for updates.
- Call for Applications, Seminar Proposals 2021
- Call for Applications, Emerging Scholars Workshops 2021
- Call for Proposals, Panels, Individual Papers, and Roundtables
- Community Fund - information for donations and applications
- Program Committee 2021
- GSA Interdisciplinary Networks
Information for Submissions
2021: There will be separate submission tracks for new sessions and returning sessions (i.e. those sessions accepted for GSA 2020 that did not present virtually and postponed until 2021). Directions are on the conference submission website that will open on January 4th for panels, roundtables, and individual paper submissions.
- All presenters need to email advance copies of their completed papers to the commentator, and a brief paragraph on their research to the moderator, by the first week of September.
- In two-hour panels, presenters are expected to limit their presentations to twenty minutes. Should four presenters be scheduled for a 105-minute panel, the time limit is fifteen minutes.
- Commentators should speak for no more than ten minutes. Please note that any commentator who does not receive a completed paper by the deadline is under no obligation to offer a response on that paper at the conference.
- Moderators are urged to let speakers know when they have only a minute or two left and then to intervene if they exceed their allotted time.
- Withdrawals GSA 2021, Indianapolis: If for any reason you are unable to participate as planned, please contact Operations Director Dr. Benita Blessing at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We ask also that you inform your fellow session participants. Should changes in your situation necessitate your withdrawal, even last-minute, please inform Dr. Blessing as soon as possible before, or if necessary, after the conference so that we may keep accurate records. For more information, please see our Submission Guidelines.
- At present, presenters may not participate via video conference (Skype, Zoom, etc.), nor may they have their contributions read in absentia.
- Refunds: You may cancel your 2021 conference registration before June 1st, 2021 for a full refund. Cancellations between June 1st and September 21st will be refunded, but will incur a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds are available for cancellations after September 21st, 2021. For more information, contact Dr. Benita Blessing (email@example.com).
- Accommodation requests related to a disability should be directed to Dr. Benita Blessing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important for Foreign Participants: The Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 has imposed additional restrictions for nationals of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries. Any national of a VWP country who is also a national of Iraq, Iran, Sudan, or Syria, or who has traveled to any of these four countries since March 2011, is no longer eligible to travel under the VWP and must obtain a regular US visa. As of January 21st, 2016, the Electronic System for Travel Authorizations (ESTAs) of travelers who hold dual nationality with one of the above four countries will be revoked. Exceptions can be made in certain circumstances; please see the US State Department's website for more information.