Forty-Fifth Annual Conference, Sept. 30-Oct. 3, 2021, Indianapolis, IN
Update, 20 September:
Please check back frequently for new updates.
- Schedule in PDF form (updated regularly)
- You'll be able to access the OpenWater Virtual Platform appox. a week before the conference. That URL link will be posted here.
- Publisher/exhibitor information *information* is being sent out to publishers; you can find that information here, too!
- You can return to the *conference registration page* at any time to purchase (or donate) banquet tickets, or make a contribution to one of many initiatives such as the Community Fund. Members who need to purchase funds for conference registration from one account and banquets and donations from another may find this feature particularly useful.
- Commentators and moderators needed, virtual and in-person. Volunteer here: Com/mod survey
- Our conference will consist of both in-person and virtual panels, seminars, and roundtables. All panels, seminars, and roundtables, must be wholly virtual or entirely in-person. The GSA Executive Council is closely monitoring local and international public health policies and guidelines. Should conditions necessitate that conference plans and formats change, we will announce updates to members via email and this website.
- All conveners of roundtables and panels have been asked to confer with their fellow panelists and reach a consensus about the format in which they wish their group to present. If your group has not already done so, please respond to THIS FORM letting the Executive Director know of that decision as soon as possible. Individual paper presenters should fill out the same form. This form is for scheduling purposes only. Panels that do not respond by the time scheduling begins will be assigned a virtual slot.
Technical problems: (no reports at this time)
- Frequently Asked Questions!
- Conference registration now open
- Note: After you register for the conference, you will receive an email receipt with a link to the conference hotel registration page and the conference hotel rate at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown ($189 plus fees and taxes/night, max. 4 guests, valid Sept. 27-Oct. 4 2021).
- Publisher/exhibitor information *information*
- Preliminary schedule (coming soon)
- Banquet menus
- Community Fund: Information for donations and applications
- Program Committee 2021
- GSA Interdisciplinary Networks
Call for Proposals, GSA 45th Annual Conference (deadline passed March 15) Call for Applications, Emerging Scholars Workshops 2021 (deadline passed, Jan. 4) Call for Applications, Seminar Proposals 2021 (deadline passed, Nov. 30)
Information for Submissions
- All presenters need to email advance copies of their completed papers to the commentator, and a brief paragraph on their research to the moderator, by the first week of September at the latest.
- Presenters are expected to limit their presentations to twenty minutes. Should four presenters be scheduled, the time limit is fifteen minutes.
- Commentators should speak for no more than ten minutes. Please note that any commentator who does not receive a completed paper by the deadline is under no obligation to offer a response on that paper at the conference.
- Moderators are urged to let speakers know when they have only a minute or two left and then to intervene if they exceed their allotted time.
- Withdrawals GSA 2021, Indianapolis: Should changes in your situation necessitate your withdrawal, even last-minute, please inform Dr. Blessing as soon as possible before, or if necessary, after the conference so that we may keep accurate records. We also ask that you inform your fellow session participants. For more information, please see our Submission Guidelines.
- Conference registratoin: You may cancel your 2021 conference registration before Sept. 1, 2021 for a full refund. Cancellations between Sept. 1st and September 2rd will be refunded, but will incur a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds are available for cancellations after September 23st, 2021.
- Due to our obligations to the hotel, we cannot refund meal tickets after 1 September. For more information, contact Dr. Benita Blessing (email@example.com).
- Accommodation requests related to a disability should be directed to Dr. Benita Blessing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important for Foreign Participants: The Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 has imposed additional restrictions for nationals of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries. Any national of a VWP country who is also a national of Iraq, Iran, Sudan, or Syria, or who has traveled to any of these four countries since March 2011, is no longer eligible to travel under the VWP and must obtain a regular US visa. As of January 21st, 2016, the Electronic System for Travel Authorizations (ESTAs) of travelers who hold dual nationality with one of the above four countries will be revoked. Exceptions can be made in certain circumstances; please see the US State Department's website for more information.