Forty-Fourth Annual Conference, Virtual Conference
This year's conference will be held virtually. We currently plan on kick-off events on Tuesday 29 September, with the regular conference running from Wednesday 30 September – Sunday 4 October from 11am-4pm Eastern Time.
Registered members can access the Virtual Conference website hosted through OpenWater *here* using their GSA login credentials.
GSA members whose papers/panels/roundtables/seminars were accepted for this year's conference have the option of presenting this year or delaying until next year. The email sent out to members with accepted presentations can be found here. See the FAQs below for regularly updated information.
Check back for updates!
- Virtual Conference, General Information
- Virtual Conference, FAQs
- Preliminary Schedule
- Registration Information
- Community Fund - information for donations and applications
- Exhibitor Information for Virtual Conference
- Program Committee 2020
- Submission Guidelines
- inactive: Panel and paper submissions, GSA 2020 (Submissions portal open 6 January 2020)
- GSA Interdisciplinary Networks
- inactive: Call for Seminar Proposals (deadline passed)
- inactive: Seminar applications, GSA 2020 (deadline passed)
inactive: GSA Travel Grants
- All presenters need to email advance copies of their completed papers to the commentator, and a brief paragraph on their research to the moderator, by the first week of September.
- In two-hour panels, presenters are expected to limit their presentations to twenty minutes. Should four presenters be scheduled for a 105-minute panel, the time limit is fifteen minutes.
- Commentators should speak for no more than ten minutes. Please note that any commentator who does not receive a completed paper by the deadline is under no obligation to offer a response on that paper at the conference.
- Moderators are urged to let speakers know when they have only a minute or two left and then to intervene if they exceed their allotted time.
- Withdrawals GSA 2020, Washington D.C.: If for any reason you are unable to participate as planned, please contact Operations Director Dr. Benita Blessing at email@example.com as soon as possible. Note that there will be no penalties (including exclusions from future conferences) for withdrawals this year. We ask also that you inform your fellow session participants. Should changes in your situation necessitate your withdrawal, even last-minute, please inform Dr. Blessing as soon as possible before, or if necessary, after the conference so that we may keep accurate records. We hope that having flexibility will help you plan your travel during these uncertain times. For more information, please see our Submission Guidelines.
- At present, presenters may not participate via video conference (Skype, Zoom, etc.), nor may they have their contributions read in absentia.
- Refunds: You may cancel your 2020 conference registration before June 1st, 2020 for a full refund. Cancellations between June 1st and September 21st will be refunded, but will incur a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds are available for cancellations after September 21st, 2020. For more information, contact Dr. Benita Blessing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Accommodation requests related to a disability should be directed to Dr. Benita Blessing (email@example.com).
Important for Foreign Participants: The Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 has imposed additional restrictions for nationals of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries. Any national of a VWP country who is also a national of Iraq, Iran, Sudan, or Syria, or who has traveled to any of these four countries since March 2011, is no longer eligible to travel under the VWP and must obtain a regular US visa. As of January 21st, 2016, the Electronic System for Travel Authorizations (ESTAs) of travelers who hold dual nationality with one of the above four countries will be revoked. Exceptions can be made in certain circumstances; please see the US State Department's website for more information.