Call for applications: Spektrum series editor
The German Studies Association seeks a new editor for the Spektrum series, published with Berghahn Books. Responsibilities include
- soliciting manuscripts that reflect the scholarly interests of the GSA;
- working together with the series board to review proposals and select reviewers;
- maintaining academic standards;
- supporting authors and reviewers to meet deadlines and goals;
- working together with editors at Berghahn Books;
- communicating with the GSA Executive Board, the Spektrum series board, and Berghahn Books.
Candidates should be active scholars in their field and have excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English. The new series editor will initially work together with David Luebke, the outgoing editor, in order to learn the position’s procedures. Since its inception, the Spektrum series has published 23 volumes, with a current average of four volumes per year.
Applications should include
- a cover letter outlining the applicant’s experience in academic editing and publishing;
- a current c.v.;
- the names of three references.
Review of applications will begin on August 14, 2023 with the goal of announcing the new editor by the annual GSA conference in October. The German Studies Association and Berghahn Books are invested in fostering diverse and inclusive environments. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share a commitment to inclusivity and diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email applications to Daniel Purdy at firstname.lastname@example.org.