THE GSA COMMUNITY FUND
Help Support our GSA Community through the GSA Community Fund!
Generous members of the German Studies Association established in early 2020 the GSA Community Fund to assist individuals in financial and/or professionally precarious positions to participate in the organization’s annual conference – both now and in the future.
50% of your contribution will go to help offset membership dues and registration fees for colleagues in need in 2021, and the other 50% of your contribution will be used to grow the GSA Community Fund for the years ahead.
Please support the GSA Community Fund and our GSA colleagues today!
Generous members of the German Studies Association established in early 2020 the GSA Community Fund to assist individuals in financial and/or professionally precarious positions to participate in the organization’s annual conference.
The GSA Community Fund seeks to support in particular recent PhDs and precariously employed and contingent faculty – including lecturers, adjuncts, non tenure-track colleagues, and visiting faculty – who are presenting at the annual GSA conference. Independent scholars and other educators in financially precarious positions are also eligible to apply.
The GSA Community Fund prioritizes support for individuals presenting at the GSA’s annual conference, which this year takes place from 30 September to 3 October 2021. However, if funds are available, grants may be made to those individuals simply to attend the conference, with priority given to unaffiliated scholars and to graduate students in German Studies and related fields.
Funds will be awarded until donations to The GSA Community Fund have been exhausted:
- The deadline for applications for Round One of funding is 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on Tuesday, 1 June 2021.
- The deadline for applications for Round Two of funding is 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on Tuesday, 7 September 2021.
Note that individuals whose applications are declined for Round One funding are eligible to apply for Round Two funding.
To apply to The GSA Community Fund, individuals should send the following information – using the same, bullet-point headings – in the body of an email. The email must be sent to the following address: *firstname.lastname@example.org*.
- Full name
- Institutional affiliation
- Institutional rank
- German Studies Association membership status and member number, if applicable
- Funding request (i.e., conference registration and/or annual membership)
- Expected role in the 2021 conference (i.e., if presenting, describe role and provide panel information, including panel name, seminar title, etc.)
- Please include a statement of no more than 50 words explaining your request for support from The GSA Community Fund.
Note that all emails receive automated confirmation. Applicants who do not receive automatic confirmation of email receipt should review the email address carefully and resend application materials.