The GSA Community Fund
Generous members of the German Studies Association established in early 2020 the GSA Community Fund to assist individuals in financial and/or professionally precarious positions to participate in the organization’s annual conference.
Call for Applications
The GSA Community Fund prioritizes support for individuals presenting at the GSA’s annual conference, which this year takes place from 30 September to 3 October 2021. However, if funds are available, grants may be made to those individuals simply to attend the conference, with priority given to unaffiliated scholars and to graduate students in German Studies and related fields.
- The deadline for applications for Round One of funding is 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on Tuesday, 1 June 2021.
- The deadline for applications for Round Two of funding is 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on Tuesday, 7 September 2021.
- Application Process
- Full name
- Institutional affiliation
- Institutional rank
- German Studies Association membership status and member number, if applicable
- Funding request (i.e., annual membership, conference registration, conference travel, and/or conference accommodation; maximum reimbursement is $1,000)
- Expected role in the 2021 conference (i.e., if presenting, describe role and provide panel information, including panel name, seminar title, etc.)
- Please include a statement of no more than 50 words explaining your request for support from The GSA Community Fund.
Help Support our GSA Community through the GSA Community Fund!
50% of your contribution will go to help offset membership dues and registration fees for colleagues in need in 2021, and the other 50% of your contribution will be used to grow the GSA Community Fund for the years ahead.
Please support the GSA Community Fund and our GSA colleagues today!